Monday, December 23, 2013

Holiday Haze


File:Happy Holidays (5318408861).jpg

Your dedicated blogger is about to vanish in the holiday haze, presumably stumbling back sometime early in the new year.

Random thought: Obviously I guessed that I'd enjoy writing this blog, or I wouldn't have started, but I had no idea how truly satisfying it would be, or, for that matter, that anyone would actually read it! Many thanks my friends. I look forward to returning soon. Meanwhile, all best wishes for the holidays.


[Photo credit:  Public domain, by Marcus Quigmire, from Florida, USA (Happy Holidays  Uploaded by Princess Mérida) [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons]

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great posts - best wishes for the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello professor Francis. I'm sophomore in Seoul National University in South Korea and I'm interested in your field, economic forecasting. Since my motto is "The early bird catches the worm.", I'm trying to do something from now on, but I don't have confidence whether I'm on the right(at least, not wrong) way.

    I took basic courses of math and economics (specifically, calculus, linear algebra, Introduction to Analysis, Micro/Macroeconomics, statistics for economics) and learned some computer languages(Python and C++). Of course, I'm going to study more things in my third and fourth years. Is there something you specially recommend to undergraduates, to become a great researcher on your field? I would truly appreciate your reply. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete